Everything was perfect! Very interesting and skill focused practical training. Good online pre-course. Both, the course and the exam have been a lot of fun!
The VHF Marine Radio is still the best instrument for efficient communication at sea. For this reason, we have developed a course for you, which makes the practical access to this matter, as well as the conclusion to the Short Range Certificate – SRC, as simple and nevertheless as instructive as possible.
With our practical RYA SRC eLearning course and intensive radio training, you have the opportunity within a very short time to learn all the important aspects of theory and practice and to put them into action.
Without unnecessary theoretical ballast – unique in Switzerland …
RYA SRC eLearning, Practical Training & Assessment
First you complete our proven RYA eLearning course, which takes around 10h. In order to be admitted to the assessment, it is necessary to go through and complete the entire course. Now you are perfectly ready for the SRC Marine Radio Assessment.
As a second step, you can optionally visit our intensive 3-hour SMA practical radio training. Under professional guidance you will practice all previously learned radio processes, as you will see them later in reality. On real radio sets and with the real people to talk to. This is the same equipment on which the subsequent assessment is done. A valuable addition to our RYA SRC eLearning program. This course can also be booked individually and is wonderful as a ‘refresher’!
As an official RYA Training Center we are entitled to test your abilities. The issuance of your internationally recognized SRC certificate will be carried out by the RYA and will be completed in a few days. Your RYA SRC Marine Radio Assessment with us takes about 90 minutes and is carried out with a maximum of 4 participants.
During this time you will:
- take a written theory test for a maximum of 30 minutes
- familiarize yourself with the radio and the procedures again
- solve practical tasks at the radio station for approx. 30 minutes
For eLearning program and hosting the exam, incl. course material and support
For the optional SMA hands-on practical training
(time of writing) issuing and assessment fee, to be paied directly to the RYA
For this web-based course you will need:
- Internet connection (broadband or 3G). Charges may apply for 3G
- Microphone and speakers/headphones
- Pop-ups enabled
Compatible devices and operating systems:
- PC running Windows 10 minimum with the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox
- Mac running 10.13 minimum with the latest version of Safari, Google Chrome or Firefox
- iPad running iOS11 minimum using Safari
- Android tablet running 4.1 minimum using Google Chrome.