Important To Know
- This eLearning course is run by the RYA Training Center Navathome, a company specializing in online training.
The Swiss Maritime Academy acts as an intermediary and your details will be forwarded to Navathome for further booking formalities.
- Your access to the eLearning course will be activated for six months. If you need more time for the course, you can extend it for a further six months for a small additional fee.
- By making a booking, you confirm that you agree to Navathome’s terms and conditions and GDPR policy to be read here: Terms and Conditions / GDPR policy.
- Your tutor from Navathome is an experienced RYA instructor and of course you can contact us at any time, too.
- Actually none. Basic nautical knowledge at the RYA Competent Crew level, A or D license or as an experienced crew member are a great advantage.
- Good English skills are essential for all RYA training and later at sea!
Charts and publications
Basic navigation and pilotage
Rules of the road
The course takes approximately 40 hours to complete with an assessment of 2 parts (1.5 hours for each) taken in one sitting.
Course Material Included
Two RYA practice charts
The RYA Day Skipper course notes
The RYA Day Skipper course exercises
The RYA Training Almanac
Instructor support seven days a week
Automated instant feedback
Six months’ initial access, extendable
Two years’ access to lessons on completion
The mini radar simulator
Animated berthing and MOB exercises
RYA Day Skipper assessment
RYA Day Skipper certification on successful completion
Including course materials, exams and extra shipping charge for mainland Europe. Additional customs fees may apply.