Jan Pfister B.
DoB March 9, 1974. Since childhood I sail around the skerries off Kristiansand. The required skills I received from my grandfather and father. End of 2002 I quit my job in Switzerland and dedicate my working life to seafaring.
I am married and have two kids (2009 & 2012).
As long-term entrepreneur and sailor I am a skilled navigator with far-sightedness and distinct leader qualities. My experiences of commanding are ranging from open keelboats on inshore lakes via power driven superyachts cruising coastal areas to ocean crossings on board tallships.
A leader position does not keep me from pulling the ropes and getting my hands dirty if required and from using my versatile practical skills for the benefit of team and material. My passion is delivering my enthusiasm for the subject to interested people and to accompany them on their way to become more competent sailors.
Since 2008 my activities focused around 80% on operating in Arctic seas and I am proud to say that I developed into an Arctic sailing specialist.
- Master unlimited 200gt STCW II/2
- GOC/GMDSS STCW IV/2 and A-IV/2
- Human Element, Leadership and Management operational level STCW A-II/1, A-III/1 and A-III/6
- Crowd and Crisis Management STCW A-V/2
- Certificate for fitness for sea service STCW A-I/9
- Basic Safety Training STCW A-VI/1-1, A-VI/1-2, A-VI/1-3 and A-VI/1-4
- RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Ocean STCW A-VI/1 Para2.1 endorsed
- RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Instructor
- RYA Sea Survival Instructor
- RYA SRC Assessor
- International Certificate of Nautical Competence Class A&B
- A&D licences for Swiss inshore lakes
- PADI AOW Diver
- Certificate of Advanced Studies for contemporary management of small and medium-sized businesses
- Certificate to run gastronomic businesses, incl. HR-Management, accountancy, food handling und hygiene